Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rainy Day and Night in Jamaica

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
Nothin' seems to fit

Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

So I just did me some talkin' to the sun
And I said I didn't like the way he got things done
Sleepin' on the job
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin

The lyrics above are from Mr. B. J Thomas 70s hit single "Rain drops are falling on my head".

Now unlike Mr. Thomas, I beg to disagree that the sun has been sleeping on his job. Actually, I think the sun has had his share of work cut out for him these couple of months.

Idk, but I just love this downpour of showers, it gives me that war and fuzzy feeling inside :-)

However, with all advantages, accompany disadvantages. Apparently Mr. Rain, brings Mr. landslide and Mr. flood. I guess it's true what they say about "When it rains, it pours" Almost all of the eastern end of the island is now under water or might be by tomorrow morning if this rain doesn't stop any time soon.

Now am I selfish to not mind that they are flooding out, so that I can get my warm and fuzzy feeling? :-(
 
Not only is this rain refreshing whilst devastating, it is also enlightening, as a couple hours of rain leaves flooded streets, ill-fated vehicles and more in it's path.
 
What's gonna happen if we have a week of non-stop rain?
 
With this oh so refreshing rain, brings alot of things into the light that were hidden by the rays of the sun.
 
1. We weren't taking proper care of our drains
2. Roads are in a serious state of emergency, and need repairs before they are non-existent.
3. Some of us driver's need to go service our cars
 
Well, while I go back and enjoy this refreshing rain, and watch as my neighbours cat float down street, I'd like to know ..... What effect has the rain had on you?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment